Monday, February 10, 2014

15 Bean Soup



It has been snowing and it is so so cold. So of course my comfort food of choice is soup! And I love beans! So I threw all the ingredients in my crock pot and 8 hours later, bam! FOOD!! I soup! Because I can add a huge variety of toppings and make it different every time!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of 15 bean soup dry bean mix
  • 2 + 1/4 cups water

  • 1/4 large onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon of each
    • minced garlic
    • bay leaf 
    • paprika
    • thyme
    • basil
    • nutmeg
    • pepper
Directions: 
   Throw everything in the crock pot and leave it for 8-9 hours! and then it's done!

Toppings:
  • spinach
  • avocado
  • black rice
  • cabbage 
  • baby bella mushrooms

I love the colors of all the beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment