Friday, January 24, 2014

Lentil & Quinoa Soup



I LOVE soup. The possibilities are practically endless! Especially during these cold days, when a hot bowl of hearty soup just hits the spot! 
I like lentils. I like quinoa. So both would be even better! My mind works in a vary complex way, I know.

MAKE SURE TO START THIS EARLY MORNING OR BEFORE GOING TO BED

Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup lentils
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 + 1/4 cups water
  • 1/4 large onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon of each
    • minced garlic
    • bay leaf 
    • paprika
    • thyme
    • basil
    • nutmeg
    • pepper
Instructions: 
This is ridiculously easy. I use my trusty crock pot and dump all of my ingredients together and put the lid on it. Then 9 hours later. Bam dinner. Plus left overs for 2 lunches and next days dinner! 

I love putting toppings on my soups. Here are some of my favorite go to's:
  • avocado
  • bell pepper
  • mushrooms
  • spinach
  • cabbage
  • radishes
  • tomatoes
  • onions
So, go forth, and don't be afraid of different toppings on your soups! 








No comments:

Post a Comment