Friday, January 17, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower + BBQ Sauce!


I LOVE cauliflower!! I can't get enough of it! Looking through sites like Pinterest for interesting ways to cook cauliflower, let me just say my husband will probably get sick of the amount of recipes I am going to try!

Roasted Cauliflower & BBQ Sauce 

I know there are many ways of doing this. For example you could of chose to bread the cauliflower and then put it in the oven, or you could of completely sauced the cauliflower and then put it in the oven. But if you are like me, and trying to cut down on bread intake and just don't like my food drowned in sauce. This option seemed the best for me. 

Ingredients:
  • small head of cauliflower, cut down to the size of florets you want 
  • your favorite BBQ sauce. I used Organicville Original BBQ Sauce. 
  • gallon resealable bag
Instructions:
  • set your oven to 400F 
  • place your cauliflower florets in a lightly greased baking pan
  • bake your cauliflower in the oven for about 60 minutes, turning them over half way through
  • when finished, take them out and let them cool for a little bit on the counter. 
  • while you let them cool a little, get your gallon bag and roll the edges outward, making it stand on it's own. (top left square)

  • now place all of your cauliflower in the bag and drizzle in some of your BBQ sauce. I used about 2 tablespoons. You can add more depending on personal preference. (bottom left square)
  • now close up your bag and shake! until evenly coated
  • now you can plate them up and enjoy!
  • I drizzled a little more sauce on top and plated them with some spinach and homemade sweet potato fries
Don't be afraid of trying this with different sauces!! I am excited to try this with some red mole sauce!! Yum, cauliflower. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment